My name is Martin Palko, I’m a Technical Artist, and have been working with video games for over 7 years. My foray into the games industry started working on total conversion mods for Command and Conquer and Unreal Tournament. Over the years, I’ve developed my skills and have been fortunate enough to work on a number of very successful projects.
I have a broad skillset that includes everything from 3d art, to graphics programming, to tool creation.
I’m currently living in Montreal, Canada, working as a Technical Artist at Eidos Montreal on the next Tomb Raider.
Feel free to contact me via email or skype!
- Significant programming experience with C++ and C#, and Python. Additional experience with Maxscript and Unrealscript.
- Shader and material creation with both node and text based editors.
- Performance profiling and optimization.
- Tool and workflow development.
- Asset pipeline and build automation.
- High and Low resolution hard-surface modeling,UV mapping, and baking.
- Photo-realistic PBR texture creation.
- Unreal Engine 4
- 3ds Max
- Visual Studio